15 Oct 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 740 Articles
Massaging a baby with oil has several advantages. However, choosing a massaging oil for your baby must be by your baby’s skin and sensitivity. Find out everything about picking the right baby massage oil for your baby’s dry skin.
When it comes to dry skin in babies, here are some of the best oils you can use to massage them:
Moringa Oil – This oil is nutrient dense is packed with natural antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Avocado Oil – It helps to nourish, hydrate and moisturise the baby’s delicate skin
Organic Saffron Oil – Helps to cleanse the skin and gives it a natural glow
Organic Almond Oil – This oil nourishes and softens the baby’s skin
Vitamin E – It is a powerful antioxidant that helps to nourish and protect the baby’s skin against any sun damage
Organic Sesame Oil – It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
It’s best to massage your baby before you bathe baby, during the morning or at night before bedtime using a mild body wash. Here are a few tips before you pick a baby massage oil for dry skin.
1. Pick a baby oil which is free from harmful chemicals like paraben, synthetic colour, preservatives, and mineral oil as they may cause adverse effects such as skin rashes and irritation.
2. Avoid using thick massage oil in hot and humid weather, as the same may clog the pores of the skin, trapping dust and dirt. Hence, there will be more harmful to your baby’s dry skin.
3. Pick an oil with moisturising properties, which will start to work when it is absorbed into the baby’s skin such as almond oil.
4. Avoid using essential oils directly on the skin, dilute them with a carrier oil. However, check with the doctor before you try combining any essential oil with a carrier oil.
5. The list of natural plant oils must include both vegetable and essential oils. BabyChakra’s massage oil has a combination of these both.
6. The oil should have a mild fragrance and be free from synthetic fragrances as they can irritate the baby’s dry skin.
Consider these tips before picking a baby massage oil for your baby’s dry skin.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.