Stay Healthy and Happy When Preggy!
Moms-to-be and moms often don’t know what to eat when they are busy with work or their babies. Eating the wrong foods can increase nausea and weakness and can even hamper your health.
So here’s what you SHOULD be eating dear mums and mums-to-be.
1) Eat variety of foods to ensure a balanced diet
2) Ensure moderate use of edible oils and animal foods
3)There should be very less use of ghee, butter, cheese, vanaspati
4) Avoid overeating to prevent acidity, nausea, heartburn, breathlessness, gas, etc
5) Use salt and sugar in moderation. Restrict salt and sugar to minimum
6) Eat safe and clean foods
7) Practice healthy cooking methods
8) Drink plenty of water and take other beverages in moderation
9) Minimize eating processed foods
10) Eat plenty of green veggies and fruits
11) Avoid spicy foods, fried foods and junk foods
12) Increase protein-rich foods like paneer, dal, soyabean, milk, spinach, eggs, meat, chicken, fish etc
13) Increase iron-rich foods like apple, beetroot, green veggies, pomegranate, etc
14) Increase calcium rich foods like curd, milk, etc
15) Include a daily dose of nuts like almonds, cashewnuts, groundnuts, walnuts etc
16) If possible, have a glass of coconut water first thing in the morning
17) Avoid/reduce intake of caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee, iced tea etc. and fizzy drinks
18) Strictly avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
19) Try to use brown sugar, jaggery and honey as sweeteners in your beverages
20) Do not keep your stomach empty for long hours. Take small, frequent meals. Eat something every 2 hours
Stay healthy, stay happy, moms!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Pregnancy Must Know
#pregnancyfoods #pregnancycare #pregnancydiet #shipradang