Snack Alert: Aloo Namkeen Chivda
Aloo Namkeen is all time favorite snack in my house and you can make it easily at your home.
Here’s the recipe:
Potatoes - 4
Peanuts - 2 Tbsp
Salt - 1 Tsp
Sugar - 1/4 Tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Wash and peel potato and grate it with a thick grater.
- Soaked the grated potatoes in cold water.
- Take a muslin cloth and squeeze it well.
- Now spread it on a kitchen towel and dry with another towel.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add the grated potatoes in the frying pan and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then lower the heat to medium and fry till they become golden and crisp.
- Take them out over paper towel .(Note: Take 3 to 4 sheets of paper towel, making sure they will observe the extra oil, keeping them dry and crispy).
- Fry peanuts on low heat till they become golden and crisp. This will take above 3-4 minutes and take them out over a paper towel
- In a bowl mix aloo namkeen, peanuts and add all ingredients and mix it well .
Let the chiwda cool down completely then serve or store .
Tip : You can add cashews and almonds . This can also be eaten during fasting (With Sedan namak)
Also read: Crispy Aloo Poha Cutlets With Green Chutney
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe