Navratri Special: Creamy Foxnut Makhana Kheer For Your Sweet Tooth
- Makhan(Lotus Seeds): 2 cups
- Milk- Low Fat/Cow- 1 litre
- Ghee- 1 tsp (optional)
- Dates- 2 very finely chopped
- Figs – 2 very finely chopped
- Raisins (Kishmish)- 10-12
- Sugar- To taste. ((You will need less sugar as we are adding the dry fruits that lend its natural sweetness to the kheer. You may completely avoid it to. Kindly, do not use any artificial sweeteners to sweeten the kheer. Sugar Substitutes: jaggery, apple-sauce, date syrup.))
- Cardamom (Elaichi) powder: Just a pinch (a little more, if you like.)
- Saffron: 2-3 strands to garnish
- Almonds: 3-4 finely sliced.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the makhana or dry roast the makhana without ghee till they turn crisp. Allow it to cool. Coarsely grind it.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan. (You can do this simultaneously, when you are roasting the makhana. Saves time. I like to have it a little thick so allow it to boil well.)
- Add your favorite dry fruits like dates, figs, raisins, so that the milk becomes naturally sweetened.
- Add makhana, sugar/sugar substitute and cook well on medium flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the elaichi powder and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron and almonds and set it in the refrigerator to cool.
Serve it cool!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe#recipe #festivefood #navratrirecipe #navratrikenaudin