5 Home Remedies For Treating Diaper Rash In Babies
Babies have very soft skin, which tend to get affected by even the slightest change in their environment. Diaper rashes occur in the diaper area of babies and are characterised by redness, irritation and puffiness. Babies are very prone to getting diaper rash because of frequent urination and pooping. The rashes can also occur because of the diaper’s material or fit. It can also happen if baby is being left in soiled diapers for a long time, which can even cause skin allergies.
5 Home remedies to treat diaper rash:
1. Breastmilk - It is absolutely natural and free from chemicals. It is readily available if you are breastfeeding. To treat diaper rash, clean baby’s skin and apply a few drops of breastmilk 5-6 times a day.
2. Ghee - If you apply ghee at the diaper area regularly, then chances are that the rash will never appear in the first place. It has no side-effects at all. To cure the existing diaper rash, apply some ghee over it.
3. Yogurt - Yogurt or curd is made up of beneficial bacteria which has a lot of benefits. It has a soothing effect on the skin. Since, it is chemical free, it can be used to treat diaper rash in babies who are sensitive to chemicals. Apply yogurt on the baby’s bottom liberally to treat rashes.
4. Aloevera Gel - Aloe vera is extremely useful for all types of skin ailments in babies as well as in adults. Take the fleshy part of the aloe vera leaf and apply it on the baby’s bottoms. In summers, the aloe gel has a cooling effect on the skin while in winters make sure that the gel is at room temperature.
5. Coconut Oil - It is the best moisturising agent for any type of skin ailments. It has anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties which makes it the best option to treat diaper rash in babies. Apply it after each diaper change to get the best results.
Also Read: How should you treat that Diaper rash
Disclaimer: The information in the article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor.#diaperissues #homeremedies