Kids Special: Fruity Orange Delight Sundae
Does your child keep asking for an Ice cream? Try this recipe today, if you are not willing to give him sugary desserts.
Method (For 3 glasses):
- Milk- 1/2 litre
- Custard powder - 4 tbsp (mix this in 3 tbsp water to make a liquid)
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 6-7 drops
- Bring milk to boil and then put on simmer.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Then add custard liquid, while stirring and switch off the gas.
- Mix well and let it cool to room temperature.
- Now, add honey and vanilla essence and keep in fridge to cool.
For Caramelized Fruits and Nuts
- 1 orange (peeled and deseeded)
- 1 apple peeled and cut in long stripes
- Few grapes
- Few almonds and cashews
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp
(You can also use other fruits and nuts of your choice but orange is a must)
- Keep a non stick pan on gas and melt sugar while stirring so that it does not get burn
- Once it turns into liquid, take it off from the gas
- Add all fruits and nuts and mix well
- If you feel mixture is thick, add some water.
- Also, when mixture is little warm add honey and mix.
(Note : The fruits and nuts should get a coating evenly)
- 3 medium glasses
- 3 digestive biscuits or any fruit cake
- 4 tbsp jam of choice (orange marmalade is in recipe but even if you have mix fruit jam you can use)
- Take one glass and crush the biscuit or cake you have a bit roughly and put it on bottom.
- Spread 1 tbsp jam it on the biscuit or cake mixture. Also, with help of a spoon you can decorate the glass from inside with jam.
- Now, add chilled custard to this and on top, add the caramelized fruits and nuts.
- Again, make a layer of custard and add the caramelized fruits and nuts.
- Now, add a little more jam on top for decoration and you can also use a chocolate roll or wafer for beauty.
- Keep the glasses in fridge for half an hour
Your kids will love this delicious dessert, which has minimum sugar and lots of fruits and nuts.
Also read: Party Ideas: Shakes
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers