Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
Everyone’s favourite Mango is here so why not make the most of the mango season with this easy and delectable Mango Cake!
- 1 cup of Semolina/Rava/Sooji ( I used the fine variety)
- 1 cup Mango pulp
- ¼ cup oil- Any flavorless oil
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped nuts for garnish, I used pistachios because they add a nice color and texture (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Mix the semolina with sugar, cardamom and baking powder.
- Next, add oil and mix well. Finally add the mango pulp and mix again. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan and garnish with nuts of your choice.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Keep a close watch after 25 minutes, if it starts browning too quickly, lower the temperature a bit.
- Check with a toothpick in the center of the cake to see if properly baked. If it comes out clean, then remove immediately. If it is kept for a longer time, the cake will develop a crust on the top.
- Allow to cool completely and then cut and serve.
- Use the best quality mango pulp you can find! The final color of your cake also depends on this
- Ensure that the mango pulp is thick and not too watery. I added one big spoon of fresh cream from milk and also added few strands of Kesar.
Also read: Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Cake
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe