I prefer using left over things in kitchen to make new things. I had some leftover chocolate sponge cake. It was not sufficient for 3 people and everyone wanted to eat so I tried making this chocolate Ice cream delight with it.
It is very easy to make and so yum. Why don’t you try this?
Ingredients (For 3 medium glasses)
- Leftover chocolate sponge cake (3-4 pieces)
- Vanilla ice cream (2 small cups)
- Strawberry ice cream (1 cup)
- Chocolate sauce (4-5 tablespoons)
- Nuts and fruits (as per choice)
- I have used mixed berries for garnish, you can use chocolate chips, gems etc
- Take the sponge cake in a plate and crumble it roughly. Now, heat it in microwave for thirty seconds.
- In a glass, add some chocolate sauce at the bottom and then make a layer with the cake crumble by pressing it evenly.;
- Now add some vanilla ice cream or even; chocolate ice cream or butter scotch and spread evenly with a spoon. You can now add roasted nuts and chopped fruits of choice (cashews, almonds, raisins, kiwi, strawberries, banana etc go well).
- Again, add the chocolate sauce, then cake crumble and make a layer. Then again ice cream and fruits and nuts.
- Garnish this with another flavour ice cream, sauce, nuts and fruits and even whipped cream.
Enjoy this when chilled.
You can even make and serve this in your parties as a dessert. You make this with fruit cake too!!
Also read: Dessert Recipe: Eggless Gulabjamun Custard
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe