Recipe Alert: Kathal Ke Kebab
- Kathal - 300 gms
- Chana dal - 100 gms
- Raw papaya - 100 gms
- Cumin- ½ teaspoon)
- Cinnamon stick- 2
- Cloves- 8 to 10
- Green cardamom- 1
- Fennel 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper - 2 teaspoon
- Muskmelon seeds - 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder - ½ teaspoon
- Onions - 2 medium size
- Green chillies - as per taste
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tespoon
- Mint and coriander leaves finely chopped
- Boil Kathal (Jackfruit), Chana dal and raw papaya cubes ( Only a semi-boil - only 1 whistle)
- In a grinder, add all the spices with onion and chillies and grind to a paste.
- Take oil in pan, saute the onion mix, add chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste; and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Coarsely grind the kathal , dal and papaya ( I prefer using my wooden mortar)
- Mix the onion mix in kathal mix. Also, add mint and coriander.
- Make round flat-balls like kebabs
- Heat oil in tawa/pan and saute the kebabs (You should add slowly and gradually by tossing each side. This will make kebabs which are soft inside and crispy outside)
I serve them with mint laccha parantha or ulta tawa parantha
(Note - If you don’t have raw papaya add boiled potato)
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Healthy Heart Kebabs
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe