Moong Dal And Dalia Chilla Recipe
Our toddlers need a lot of energy to run around the house, create lots of mess and do hundreds of activities when they are not sleeping. Also, some toddlers are fussy in eating and even drinking milk. Constipation is another problem which many toddlers face.Try this easy recipe which will provide essential nutrients to your child.
Dalia and Dal Pancakes (For 4-5 small pancakes)
- 4 tablespoon roasted and grinded dalia
- 4 tablespoons roasted and grinded sabut moong dal (whole green moong)
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Suji
- 2 tablespoon Curd
- 2 tablespoon grated veggies (carrots, capsicum, cabbage etc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil and water for cooking
- You can roast dalia and moong dal and grind them and store them in an airtight container for a week.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients well, except oil and water. Add water in a small amount to achieve a pancake batter like consistency. Try to whisk it well.
- Heat some oil in a non stick pan. With a ladle, pour batter to make small pancakes. When cooked from one side, flip and cook till golden brown. You may also use more oil for crispiness.
Enjoy these with curd or chutney of your choice!
This keeps the baby full, helps in growth even if a meal is skipped and is very helpful in treating constipation in toddlers. If your kid likes besan, you may even replace suji with that or decrease amount of suji and add that much besan. Here suji provides crispiness to the pancakes. You may even add oats.
Source of banner image: archanaskitchen
Also read: Toddler Breakfast Series - Palak ka Chilla
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers