“Breastfeeding Is A Responsibility. Period.”
So my breastfeeding journey began exactly three weeks back on the 9th of July. 9 has always been my power number. My birth number, my date of marriage and finally my baby's birthday, as you guessed, were all on 9th.
Now it also signifies the start of my exclusive breastfeeding sojourn. As we inch closer to celebrating world breastfeeding week, here are the ten things breastfeeding taught me. And these also double as reasons why I'd never give up breastfeeding by choice.
1. It makes me feel connected to the life I let thrive inside me.
2. It gives me insight into what being a mom means. Breastfeeding is a responsibility. Period.
3. It empowers me with the fact that I can create and nurture life.
4. It empowers me to choose priorities to the point that I can dilute out the pains from the C- Section.
5. It gives me control over my mind and allows me to remain calm--something I never was.
6. It is almost meditative. Gives me a goal that is timed around my life.
7. It gives me the energy to plan and boost my life goals. Breastfeeding is something I need to plan my next few months around and not vice versa.
8. It gives me a feeling of being valuable. Of being worthy. Of being a mom.
9. It enlightens me about what being a mother means. It means you are liable for a life and how you bring it up.
10. It makes me happy despite being super tired. And the feeling is incomparable.
What did breastfeeding make you feel? How did it treat you? #breastfeeding
Also read: Ways To Increase Breastmilk Naturally
Explore the entire collection of articles: Breastfeeding Tips#breastfeedingtips