Healthy Wale Cookies, Home Made!
Kids have started school and seeing other kids of their age munch on store bought biscuits they have started asking for the same from me..
I am very choosy when it comes to store bought biscuits…blame it on my cooking skills.
One of the twins asked me for a biscuit yesterday. It had been some time since I had baked anything so I thought this was a good time to bake a batch and fulfil these cravings that my little ones had been having for a while now.
And I involved both of them in making the cookies too! Both happily accompanied me…While I readied the ingredients, one of them sieved the ingredients and the other prepared the baking tray by sprinkling ghee and maida…
It was fun baking with kids and in no time our homemade cookies were ready to be gobbled up! So here goes:
These are crispy and melt in mouth…perfect for tiffins and tea time snacks…
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Ghee ¾ cup
- Sugar 1cup
- Gram flour ¼ cup
- Rawa ¼ cup
- Sieve all the ingredients except sugar and ghee…
- Mix sugar and ghee thoroughly
- Now mix all the ingredients to form a soft dough…
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven..
- Give the cookies the shape you want..
- In a baking tray, spread little ghee to grease and dust some maida
- Bake at 170 for 15 mins…(depends on oven to oven)
- Your crispy and melt in mouth cookies are ready to gobble!
Do share your feedback once you try..
Disclaimer: All photographs in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Healthy Snack: Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe