26 Sep 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 1 Articles
Suffering from cough, cold, or any other illness during pregnancy takes a toll on your health. Having a mild cough during pregnancy might not affect your growing fetus but it will definitely affect your overall immunity and health. As knowing it’s not a very good idea to take a lot of medications during pregnancy as it can have a negative effect or some side effects, home remedy is what steps in next.
Some of these remedies include:
· Honey – Honey is used as a remedy for cough and cold for ages now. It helps boost immunity, soothe a sore throat and reduce discomfort in the throat too.
· Piece of raw garlic – This may be not very pleasant to have but garlic has amazing antioxidant properties and works well with fighting caught. Having a small piece of raw garlic may help soothe the sore throat and manage cough.
· Small amount of ginger – Ginger might not sound good to have during pregnancy to a lot of women, but having ginger in a small amount isn’t harmful. In fact, having a small slice of ginger in warm water or honey helps manage the dry cough.
· Using saltwater to gargle- It’s known that gargling with salt water can help reduces the infection by 40%. It helps reduce swelling as well as irritation in the throat.
· Increasing fluid intake – Consuming a good amount of fluids, be it water, warm broth, soup, etc helps in decongestion and soothes the throat.
Try these remedies for cough relief but make sure you do not do anything in excess.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.