Top 7 Super Fruits To Eat During Pregnancy
As we all know, being healthy and eating healthy fruits during pregnancy is very important. But to eat some super fruits which will ensure a smooth pregnancy and alleviate your
energy levels and prevent few pregnancy complications, then why not!
Here are those 7 super fruits and their benefits
1. Mango – The king of fruits is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin A is essential for proper development of baby’s immunity. Vitamin C helps in absorption of iron from small intestines, thus preventing the chances of Iron-deficiency anemia. Anti-oxidants are required to remove the free radicals roaming in our body which consumes your energy and damages fetal development.
2. Pomegranate – It is a nutrient dense fruit. It’s a fruit with rich source of energy. Its high content of iron prevents Iron-deficiency anemia. It consist of high levels of Vitamin K which is required for maintenance of placenta and prevent bleeding disorders in fetus.
3. Orange – Yes, it is absolutely safe to have oranges during pregnancy. It is loaded with vitamin C which helps in iron absorption and boosting the immune system. The presence of Vitamin B6 and Folic acid ensures fetal brain development, formation of red blood cells and prevents neural tube defects. It aids hydration.
4. Avacado – IF you are looking for a substitute for oranges, then this is it! Avacados are loaded with Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Potassium and Vitamin C. It aids baby’s brain growth and tissue development, prevents neural tube defect and eases morning sickness. But, keep a track of your weight as Avacados are high in calories.
5. Berries – They contain lot of water, the best way of hydration. Have berry fruits like strawberry, raspberry, blueberry or blackberry after a session of pregnancy yoga/workout. It will improve hydration, remove the free radicals and pump up your energy levels. These fruits also aid in formation of healthy skin cells in fetus.
6. Grapes – Grapes are loaded with Immune-Boosting antioxidants which prevent infections during and after pregnancy. It consists of organic acids and pectin which helps speedy recovery of body after delivery.
7. Banana – The annual fruit, easily available everywhere and yet so many benefits! It is the richest source of potassium required in transmission of impulses to brain, maintaining the right electrolyte balance in your body and it prevents the risk of developing Gestational Diabetes. Its high fiber content relieves constipation and aids healthy weight gain. It is recommended to have a banana half an hour prior to your pregnancy yoga/workout.
The takeaway messages:
- Add these fruits in your daily diet. Eat fruits instead of snack; do not replace
meal with fruits.
- Have whole fruits and not fruit juices. The nutrition value decreases when you have it in the form of juice.
- Wash fruits thoroughly just before eating.
- Make sure you have at least 3 variety of fruits every day.
Remember, your healthy eating habit is setting a good example for your baby!
Disclaimer: While BabyChakra strives to keep the content that it posts on web site and app accurate, complete, and up-to-date, BabyChakra cannot guarantee, and is not responsible for, the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any Content, whether provided by BabyChakra, its Providers or Users of the Web Site or App. Any shares, credits or distribution of this content should be done with due credits to BabyChakra and the author/owner.