Experiencing mild cramps during pregnancy is common with all women. These cramps are a result of hormonal changes, changes in blood circulation, growing uterus, etc.
Some easy ways to manage cramps during pregnancy include:
- The simplest way to manage cramps is by changing your sitting or sleeping position.
- Get plenty of sleep to avoid fatigue as it could be one of the reasons causing muscle cramps.
- Support your legs, belly, and back with pillows while sleeping to reduce cramps.
- Practicing relaxation and stretching exercises is a good way to control as well as manage pregnancy cramps.
- Soaking in a tub filled with warm water for a couple of minutes also helps manage cramps.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water and other fluids throughout the day as dehydration is one of the reasons leading to cramps.
- Include water-rich foods in your daily diet like watermelon, cucumber, carrot, spinach, cauliflower, etc.
- Relax your body muscles with the help of a gentle massage to reduce muscle tension and cramping.
- Using a hot water bag is also a good way to release muscle tension.
- Keep a check on your magnesium levels. Magnesium deficiency can have an effect on muscle relaxation. Including good magnesium sources like spinach, bananas, walnuts, or dark chocolates is a good option.
Besides these home care tips, if your experience unusual cramps accompanied by other symptoms do consult your doctor immediately. Do not self-prescribe any medicines for any symptoms during pregnancy
Banner Image Source: parents.com
If you like the article, do rate us too on the google app store: Click here