22 Sep 2022 | 1 min Read
Dr. Tushar Yadav
Author | 4 Articles
Mouth ulcers could result from vitamin deficiencies (Vitamin B12, folic acid), nutrient deficiency (iron, zinc), gluten intolerance, sensitivity to acidic fruits and foods, oral thrust, poor oral hygiene, or use of toothpaste and mouthwash containing sodium lauryl sulfate.
Mouth ulcers, be it in kids or adults are discomforting due to the pain and swelling caused in the area of the ulcer.
To soothe this discomfort and promote healing here are a few tips to follow:
· Rinse your mouth daily with saltwater.
· Apply 2-3 drops of milk of magnesia on the infected area to reduce pain.
· Apply ice on the canker sore/ mouth ulcer to soothe the pain and reduce swelling.
· Start with nutrient supplements (folic acid, zinc, and vitamin B12) and nutrient-rich foods to support healing.
· Apply honey to the infected part of the mouth ulcer can help heal the wound with its antimicrobial property.
· Coconut oil/ coconut milk is another great ingredient that has amazing antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce pain and also heal the mouth ulcer.
· Turmeric and milk paste can also promote healing and reduce discomfort.
Try these easy tips to soothe the ulcers and support faster healing.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.