15 Sep 2022 | 1 min Read
Dr Rupali Satija
Author | 3 Articles
A woman needs to take the same amount of care during the pregnancy and after childbirth (postpartum). Give equal importance to your mental and well as physical health.
Where sleepless nights and tiredness is common post-childbirth as the baby does not know when to sleep, eat and carry out other activities, here are a few tips that you can follow to manage the same.
· Take adequate rest. Try sleeping when your baby is sleeping.
· Take out time for yourself.
· Take your iron and vitamin supplements to prevent iron deficiency anemia caused by blood loss during the delivery as well as support your health.
· Consult your doctor immediately in case of pain, fever, weakness, or any kind of discomfort.
· Keep the area for c-section incision or vaginal stitch clean and dry all the time.
· Sit in warm water in case you experience pain due to the vaginal stitches and then dry the area.
· Breastfeed your baby frequently and from both sides to prevent breast engorgement.
· Take an exert’s opinion in case of skin infections or hair loss post-delivery as it’s common to lose a lot of hair in the initial 2-3 months of pregnancy.
Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.