22 Sep 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 1 Articles
Gaining weight during pregnancy is natural. Several factors add to your weight during pregnancy like the placenta (1-1.5 kg), amniotic fluid (1-1.5kg), breast tissue (1-1.5 kg), blood supply (2kg), fat stores (2.5-4 kg), uterus growth (1-2.5 kg), baby (approx. 3.5 kg) and finally the food you eat.
Women whose weight is on the higher side tend to gain weight during pregnancy quickly. Irrespective of whether you are overweight, obese, or weighing within the range it’s very important to avoid excess weight gain during pregnancy as it could lead to various pregnancy and birth complications. A few things to keep in might to prevent this include:
· Control your meal size along with making a healthy choice of food to include in your meal. Avoid having too many fried and high-fat foods.
· Add a wholesome of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain to your diet as these foods keep you full for a longer period of time.
· Keep a balance of proteins, carbohydrates, healthy fat, fiber, vitamins, and essential nutrients in your diet.
· For in-between snacks prefer snaking on fruits, dried fruits, nuts, raisins, or any other option that’s low in fats and high in nutrition.
· When having diary products, avoid too many full-fat dairy products or flavoured products like flavoured yogurts.
· Avoid consuming empty calories, the foods that just add to unhealthy weight, and sugary foods like candies, sugary drinks, cakes, cookies, etc.
· Prefer cooking healthy meals over having ready-to-eat meals or processed food that are instant to cook.· Besides planning a good diet, do not skip your regular workouts. Reach out to your health expert and set a workout routine for yourself for weight management.
If you like the article, do rate us too on the google app store by using the link