28 Jun 2022 | 4 min Read
Author | 503 Articles
New parents-to-be, Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor announced their pregnancy in the most unique way by posting a picture of Alia during her routine sonography test. The image had Alia lying down on a hospital bed with Ranbir by her side, and a sonography monitor with a heart emoji on it, included in the frame.
Alia and Ranbir also shared a second image that featured two lions with a cub and Alia wrote,“Our baby ….. coming soon.” New parents are getting innovative when it comes to announcing their pregnancy and Alia Bhatt and Ranbir have joined the new parents’ bandwagon as well!
New parents can take a cue from Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor and get innovative with pregnancy announcements. From the cute and funny to the downright sentimental, here are some of our favourite pregnancy announcement ideas for your family, friends, and of course, social media!
You can also try to match the style of street signs and wear hard hats for more fun!
You can post on social media to see who can guess what it means or use some fun pregnancy announcement captions.
4. Thought bubbles: Try to get a little silly by posing with thought bubbles and posting on social media.
Try to write funny captions, such as “Something big is happening!”, “diaper-changing-master-in-training.” or “Baby on the go!”
5. Gone fishing: You can head out on a photo shoot with your partner, friends, and family and bring fishing poles.
Sit down by a pond, lake, or river and try posing as you “catch” your ultrasound photo or something that indicates that a baby is on the way, such as a little sock or a baby hat!
6. Baby socks clothesline: Try gathering a pair of baby socks and hanging them on a clothesline.
Click a photo and share it on your social media handles. You can also add other baby items, such as jumpsuits, booties, or plush toys.
7. Say it with cake: Since everyone loves a sweet treat, you can’t go wrong with this cake pregnancy announcement idea!
All you need to do is order a custom-made cake to share with family, friends, or co-workers. It can say something catchy like “Guess what?” or “Surprise!” You can also have some frosting decorations of baby items on the cake.
8. Baby beach hat: Some expecting couples also like to take a “babymoon” vacation before their little one takes over their world.
If you’re planning one with a beach destination, you can get a custom-made beach hat that says something like “baby on the way” and pose with it. Post it on your social media and see who finds it out first!
9. Ultrasound photo: While Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor didn’t use an ultrasound photo of their baby, they did include the ultrasound monitor in the picture to announce their pregnancy.
However, many would-be parents enjoy using their first ultrasound photo to reveal the exciting news.
For a classic pregnancy announcement idea, you can simply hold up the ultrasound photo across your belly or towards the camera so that it’s in the foreground.
We hope that these pregnancy announcement ideas have sparked your creativity.
Cover Image source: Alia Bhatt Instagram