Energy Dose For Your Children: Cereal and Nuts Ladoo
An apple a day keeps the doctor away but this ladoo a day can also do the same.
Whether it is a toddler who is always busy or a school going kid who has to deal with lots of physical and mental pressure these days, both need energy and nutrition. Kids usually won't finish the complete meal and may be for this reason, our mom's adopted this method of giving us nutrition in a ladoos.
Try this ladoo recipe and give wholesome nutrition to your child:
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup besan
1/4 cup sooji
1/2 cup oats
Chopped nuts (Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, Melon seeds, etc)
1 tsp Elaichi powder
1 cup Grated jaggery
1/2 cup Boora/shakkar
3/4 cup Ghee
You may also add chopped dates, raisins, khus khus etc.
(This will make about 15 ladoos)
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and let it melt. Add besan, aata, sooji and oats and saute on a low flame, till golden brown.
2. Add chopped nuts and add them to the mixture to roast as well. (Note- do not add raisins)
3. When mixture is fully roasted, switch off the flame and keep mixing a bit to distribute heat.
4. Transfer the mixture in a big plate and add raisins and dates.
5. When mixture is as hot as it can be touched, add grated jaggery, sugar and mix well with hands.
6. Make ladoos while mixture is warm.
Roasting the mix on low flame is necessary, it takes time and effort but saves on adding too much ghee and gives good taste.
When completely cool, store the ladoos in an airtight container.
Also read: Sweet Potato And Chickpeas Cutlet recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers
#Recipe #Healthyrecipe #Ladoorecipe