22 Sep 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 1 Articles
Amongst several Indian spices, turmeric is the most spoken one. its extensive use is based on its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and healing properties. Turmeric is known to be extremely beneficial during pregnancy as it supports the mother’s as well as the fetal health.
· It supports digestion and helps reduce constipation during pregnancy.
· It prevents inflammatory bowel disease that could result in indigestion during pregnancy.
· It acts as a natural painkiller. Women tend to experience excessive inflammation in the body during pregnancy. Consuming turmeric helps reduce the inflammation in the body and supports cortisone production by adrenal glands which act as a natural pain killer in the body.
· When taken in the morning just after waking up, it helps reduce morning sickness. It prevents nausea and vomiting.
· Turmeric is loaded with antioxidants that support internal healing and enhance the skin.
· It is also known to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body and prevent heart diseases.
· It boosts immunity by neutralizing free radicals and other harmful chemicals in the body.
· It also helps heal bleeding gums and prevent other oral problems in expecting mothers.
By protecting the mother in so many ways; it reduces the risk of pregnancy complications and also protects the developing fetus from various related health issues.
Turmeric could be regularly consumed by adding it to various food preparations or having it daily with warm milk.
If you like the article, do rate us too on the google app store by using the link