29 Nov 2022 | 2 min Read
Author | 2 Articles
Infertility has become a very common problem in recent times. 20-30% of couples do face this issue of infertility. During the course of treatment for infertility, people tend to have a lot of questions be it related to diet, exercise, restrictions, and so on.
When undergoing an IVF (In vitro fertilization) treatment or any infertility treatment needs a few dietary restrictions because in these treatments there’s external support of progesterone hormone given in the form of injections, vaginal capsules, etc and this progesterone hormone may lead to side effects like bloating, gas and other digestive issues. Hence making essential to follow a few changes and restrictions when it comes to diet.
Diet also becomes extremely important to manage mental stress and anxiety, especially during the first 15 days after an embryo transplant when awaiting your results.
A few precautions to take include:
· Maintain a good fluid intake in the form of water, lemon water, coconut water, dahi, etc. a daily 3-4litre of fluid intake on average is a must.
· Keep your diet simple that include nutritious food like dals, seasonal fruits, rice, roti, vegetables, fiber-rich foods, etc. instead of spicy, oily, or fatty foods
· Avoid having outside foods to avoid any kind of infection caused by contaminated food, contaminated hands when preparing food, etc.
· When including non-vegetarian foods like meat, chicken, etc. or egg make sure it’s well cooked.
· Along with ongoing folic acid supplements, ensure you include plenty of green leafy vegetables, beans, sprouts, avocado, and other folic acid-rich foods in your diet.
· Maintain a protein-rich diet by including foods like eggs, paneer, sabudana, soybean, milk, and milk products.
· Lastly make sure you have 6-8 small meals instead of 3 big meals to lower the risk of acidity, bloating, and constipation.